I was going for a more serious look on this fox, but it turned out cuter than intended, which I’m actually rather happy with. This is the first painting or drawing of a fox I’ve ever done.
Other firsts this week have been an acrylic painting of elephants and a portrait in acrylic, both of which can be seen on my instagram.
For anyone interested in finding out more about fur foxes, I highly recommend checking out my friend Kats’ website https://kaiswayridgefoxes.com there’s lots of cute pictures of her foxes and interesting information. The site is named in honour of one of her foxes Kai who was unfortunately recklessly released by someone
We have 6 ducks and yesterday I decided to paint our crested drake.
We’ve only recently got this pair and haven’t even named them yet, but he’s already been painted. I’ve been organised and already uploaded the speed paint video for this and prints are available at Fine art America and Society6. I’ll get round to uploading my Peacock painting on there shortly. Those that follow me on instagram will have seen that painting.
He was painted using winsor and newton gouache, I’m becoming quite a fan on this stuff and was completed on A4 Daler Rowney mixed media paper. I like how this paper handles things pretty well without warping too much. It’s also the paper that I’m using for my inktober pictures and it’s really nice not having to worry about the ink bleeding through into the page below.
After many distractions, I’m happy to say yesterday I finally called this finished.
Completed on Frabriano Artistico watercolour paper that I cut down to A4 size. I used as usual a mix of Luminance and Polychromos coloured pencils to complete this, along with using Gamsol for blending. The reference photo came from Pixabay.
Well I think it’s a Spaniel, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong! 🙂
My reference photo came from pixabay. It was originally in colour, which I changed to black and white to make doing a graphite picture easier.
To try and make sure my initial drawing was as accurate as possible, I used the grid method as I did in my last picture. I think I still need to improve on making sure a few of the details were in the right place, but overall I’m rather happy with how this has come out.
This is the first picture I’ve completed with the Faber-Castell 9000 graphite pencils and I’m really liking them so far. This picture had lots of layers put on it and the pencils blended really well. I’d definitely recommend these pencils.
I also used a different paper for this piece, I used A4 Bristol Board 280gm. I really liked how smooth and sturdy this paper felt.
I’ve had regular updates of this little gem going up on my facebook page since I started working on it, and I’m very pleased to say I’ve finally decided I’m done with it.
I started working on this on the 15th of December and was hoping to have it done by Christmas, only a little over a week over schedule and I completed it yesterday. To be fair it did have to compete for my attention, and somehow Chickens tend to win my attention a little easier.
This was a fun piece to complete. I was going for as much realism as possible with this and used the grid method to try and make sure everything was in the right place. I tend to just try and free hand things entirely, but that doesn’t always help with learning, and can often create the sense of never being able to draw something right. The grid method helps to break things down square at a time.
I used my Royal & Langnickel graphite pencils to complete this. I like these pencils so far, although haven’t really had much to compare them to. I recently brought the Faber-Castell 9000 graphite pencils set, and can’t wait to try them out.
The paper I used was the one I most commonly use as I like it’s smooth finish and the level of detail possible to achieve – The Daler Rowney Hotpressed aquafine smooth watercolour 140lb A4 paper.
The reference photo came from pixabay.
Now off to find someone with one of these impressive looking dogs to make a fuss of before I get distracted by something else.
So a few people may know I’ve been working on some commissions lately. Well these four have now been done and given to the person they were intended for as a gift by the person who actually commissioned them. I’m pretty happy with how they’ve turned out.
They were all done using Luminance and Polychromos coloured pencils.
Created using watercolour pencils to make a card for someone. I did this in many different layers so that different colours came out well and showed depth. The feathers had several different oranges, reds, browns and yellows used on them and the dark bits of the feathers had purple, blue and green used on them, this was to show the variations in colour and reflection as well as to make it not look as flat as it would have with just black on it.