Drawn for a card, outlined with pigment liners and then painted with watercolour. I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Japanese Watercolour Paints for this and it was the first time I’ve really used them. They seem to be very pigmented and I like the look the colours have. I was using one of my aqua brushes for this but I think for these particular paints a normal paintbrush and water would be easier due to just how hard the colour can be to get off of an aqua brush.
This was certainly fun to paint and it was my first time experimenting with using my liners and watercolour and I love the effect it’s created. 🙂
Deviant art – http://isabelproffitart.deviantart.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/isabelproffitart/
Fine art America – http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-isabel-proffit/shop
Twitter – @IsabelProffit
Created using watercolour pencils to make a card for someone. I did this in many different layers so that different colours came out well and showed depth. The feathers had several different oranges, reds, browns and yellows used on them and the dark bits of the feathers had purple, blue and green used on them, this was to show the variations in colour and reflection as well as to make it not look as flat as it would have with just black on it.
So I hadn’t really done much in the way of watercolours recently, or at least much that I was anywhere near happy with.
Yesterday I did this little watercolour card of a Cardinal in snow. I decided I’d just see how it went and was reasonably happy with the result. It was done using my new Crawford & Black watercolour paint set, given to me by a former colleague recently.
The reference photo was from paint my photo