I’ve recently been getting into using Gouache. It’s been fun to try out and I’ve been really happy with the results so far. I’ve been using Winsor & Newton Gouache.
Here are some of the results I’ve had so far
My latest completed painting is this Heron, he was painted on a Fredrix canvas pad with Liquitex basics acrylics. It was painted from a reference photo that I took at London Zoo. There are lots of Herons at London zoo and I saw many in different enclosures, this particular one was taken whilst he was in with the Otters, he was much easier to take a decent shot of than the otters who didn’t want to look up as they were too busy eating!
This painting measures 20×20 cm on a 22.9×30.5 medium texture fredrix canvas.
Prints are for sale through fine art america https://fineartamerica.com/featured/heron-painting-isabel-proffit.html?newartwork=true
I have also recently started listing some of my originals for sale through ebay.
You can keep up to date with whatever I’m working on through the following social media. I’m currently working on a picture of a Gyr falcon, for it I’m working from a reference photo I took at a local farm open day where Hawkeye Fanconry UK were showing their birds.
Facebook – Isabel Proffit Artwork
After many distractions, I’m happy to say yesterday I finally called this finished.
Completed on Frabriano Artistico watercolour paper that I cut down to A4 size. I used as usual a mix of Luminance and Polychromos coloured pencils to complete this, along with using Gamsol for blending. The reference photo came from Pixabay.
Well I think it’s a Spaniel, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong! 🙂
My reference photo came from pixabay. It was originally in colour, which I changed to black and white to make doing a graphite picture easier.
To try and make sure my initial drawing was as accurate as possible, I used the grid method as I did in my last picture. I think I still need to improve on making sure a few of the details were in the right place, but overall I’m rather happy with how this has come out.
This is the first picture I’ve completed with the Faber-Castell 9000 graphite pencils and I’m really liking them so far. This picture had lots of layers put on it and the pencils blended really well. I’d definitely recommend these pencils.
I also used a different paper for this piece, I used A4 Bristol Board 280gm. I really liked how smooth and sturdy this paper felt.
Prints are available at Fine Art America
German Shepherd graphite picture, finally completed 🙂
So, it’s finally finished 😀
I’ve had regular updates of this little gem going up on my facebook page since I started working on it, and I’m very pleased to say I’ve finally decided I’m done with it.
I started working on this on the 15th of December and was hoping to have it done by Christmas, only a little over a week over schedule and I completed it yesterday. To be fair it did have to compete for my attention, and somehow Chickens tend to win my attention a little easier.
This was a fun piece to complete. I was going for as much realism as possible with this and used the grid method to try and make sure everything was in the right place. I tend to just try and free hand things entirely, but that doesn’t always help with learning, and can often create the sense of never being able to draw something right. The grid method helps to break things down square at a time.
I used my Royal & Langnickel graphite pencils to complete this. I like these pencils so far, although haven’t really had much to compare them to. I recently brought the Faber-Castell 9000 graphite pencils set, and can’t wait to try them out.
The paper I used was the one I most commonly use as I like it’s smooth finish and the level of detail possible to achieve – The Daler Rowney Hotpressed aquafine smooth watercolour 140lb A4 paper.
The reference photo came from pixabay.
Now off to find someone with one of these impressive looking dogs to make a fuss of before I get distracted by something else.
Prints of this are available on Fine Art America
I’d had the idea floating round in my mind for this design for some time, stuck in there with all those other ideas that are all fighting to become reality. I wanted something reasonably quick to complete after the eagle picture, so I decided to attempt to get this done. Drawing out the lettering and colouring them in really reminded me of my old graphics classes and how much I both loved and hated typography. This was drawn on my Daler Rowney A4 65lb Sketch paper, using Staedtler pigment liners.
I felt like doing something a little different and I’d had this idea in my mind for a little while, so I turned a Bald Eagle into a Blue Eagle. The reference photo I used was http://pmp-art.com/angeline-rijkeboer/gallery/157941/bald-eagle
This was done in the same way most of my pictures lately have been, using both Polychromos and Luminance coloured pencils and blending using Gamsol (which is a paint thinner), and was created on Daler Rowney Aquafine hot pressed 140lb watercolour paper. I like using this paper because it’s nice and solid, allows a decent amount of layers, doesn’t seem to buckle at all under water or paint thinner, and also adds a bit of texture because it’s not completely smooth, which works out pretty well when drawing animals I think.
Deviant Art – http://fav.me/d9xujzs