My latest completed painting is this Heron, he was painted on a Fredrix canvas pad with Liquitex basics acrylics. It was painted from a reference photo that I took at London Zoo. There are lots of Herons at London zoo and I saw many in different enclosures, this particular one was taken whilst he was in with the Otters, he was much easier to take a decent shot of than the otters who didn’t want to look up as they were too busy eating!
This painting measures 20×20 cm on a 22.9×30.5 medium texture fredrix canvas.
Prints are for sale through fine art america https://fineartamerica.com/featured/heron-painting-isabel-proffit.html?newartwork=true
I have also recently started listing some of my originals for sale through ebay.
You can keep up to date with whatever I’m working on through the following social media. I’m currently working on a picture of a Gyr falcon, for it I’m working from a reference photo I took at a local farm open day where Hawkeye Fanconry UK were showing their birds.
Facebook – Isabel Proffit Artwork
No one wants to paint a moth, right?
Well apparently I did.
I usually shy away from acrylics as they tend to never go right for me. However I recently decided to try and make them work after getting some Liquitex basics acrylic paints.
As always, there’s plenty of room for improvement, but I do quite like this picture. Just need to get a frame for it now I think and put it somewhere.
As I took the reference photo myself, I’m giving anyone that wants to try and paint this permission to do so. If you do, please post it to my facebook page as seeing what other people create is half the fun of this kind of community.
- Liquitex basics acrylic paint
- Fredrix medium texture 9 x 12 canvas pad
- Reference photo – taken by me 🙂
Just a random little happy frog doodle. Coloured in using a mix of Letraset Promarkers and a grey and a pink copic marker (Cool Grey No. 3 and R02 to be specific) .
This was just a fun little thing to doodle, I first drew it out in my sketchbook and then found that the markers don’t look so good on that, so copied it onto some marker paper and coloured it in there.
I’m currently working on doodling some hedgehogs, so hopefully some of that will make it’s way onto here soon 🙂
Deviant art link – http://isabelproffitart.deviantart.com/art/Finished-happy-frog-picture-588302908
I started this on Saturday and completed it this evening.
It’s a picture of a young swan, hence all the grey and different tones on it.
It was created using Polychromos pencils from Faber-Castell and Luminance pencils from Caran D’ache. The paper I did this on was Daler Rowney Aquafine aquarelle artists watercolour A4 hot pressed.
The reference photo is once again from Paint my photo, and actually from the same photographer as my Spaniel watercolour picture. A link to that is here
I did have a slight issue once I’d completed this picture, as I’d taped down the edges with masking tape, which is never normally a problem, but this time it stuck too much and ripped a bit of the paper, so it’s not the full A4 that it would have been. Thankfully I think I saved it well enough.
You can get prints from fine art america
As always you can get regular updates of whatever I may be working on in these places
So for those of you that follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you’ll have seen the in progress photos of my Lioness painting. This was a fun one to paint, started it on Wednesday evening and finished it this evening.
Prints are available here
The reference photo came from Janruss over at paint my photo
At this point I’d just drawn the outline and then covered the bits I wanted to stay white with masking fluid.
This was my progress by Friday evening. I’d put in the background and blocked in a lot of the main colours and tones.
My second to last stage, the work I’d completed by Saturday evening. By this point I’d got most of my layers and colours in and I’d also removed the masking fluid so I could start evening out some of the areas that needed it.
So here’s the finished thing. Final shadows and highlights were added as necessary, as well as more being done to the ear.
- Paint brushes – 1″ Oval wash and a 6 Filbert (both Daler Rowney) and also a number 3 round
- Koi watercolours from the pocket field sketch box
- Paper – Daler Rowney Aquafine 12 x 9 inches 140lbs cold pressed.
- Masking fluid and masking fluid brushes.
Today I finished off a picture I started on Saturday evening. It’s my first picture with my new pencils. I got the reference photo off of Morguefile.
I really am happy with how the pencils worked and how they blended and layered well and hope it’s the start of even better work to come. The background is especially something that I like how it turned out.
- Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils from the set of 24 I brought – These are really great from what I can see.
- Luminance pencils from Caran D’ache from the set of 20 – as I’d already heard, the white is pretty great, also really liked the other colours I tried out.
- Gamsol for blending – obviously keeping the container I put it into closed when not in use and being mindful to keep this away from the cats. This worked really well for blending, and didn’t take me too long to get used to how it works.
- The paper I used was Derwent watercolour paper – A5 – 140lbs – this let me do quite a few layers and generally seemed to work quite nicely, didn’t buckle at all when the blender was applied.
On Monday I finished this acrylic painting of a Robin on canvas board. I quite like it, even if the trees have a bit of a pink tinge to them, it just adds to their individuality. This took me about a week probably to do, but involved a lot of me just leaving it to get on with other things and of course work as usual.
The photo for inspiration was this from paint my photo.